I’ve had the distinct pleasure of being Nominated for the Liebster award from a very Cool lady over at The Aging Sub, I high Recommend you all check her out, her blog is a candid, heartwarming and sometimes hilarious glimpse into her journey with her Sir, M. She reminds me very much of myself and my little fae, and I am honored that she would choose me for this.
The Aging Sub’s questions for me:
Do you enjoy any outdoor activities?
I LOVE going for walks, especially with my little fae, it gives us time to talk and discuss, and sometimes to our detriment, because a 10 mile walk would likely cause a few sore muscles the next day. I love being out in the sun, and find laying out in the park on a blanket reading as a perfect way to pass an afternoon. Sports and physical activity-wise, swimming at a lake is one of my absolute favorite things to do. I also hope to pick up gardening this summer as Dot has quite the green thumb, and it’s another way for us to bond.
What is your favorite weather and why?
This has got to be a tie for me. I love sunny weather, we get so little of it up here in Canada, with the harsh winters, So I love sitting out soaking up the sun. Reading, people watching, the smell of fresh cut grass, and bar-b-ques all things I associate with warmer weather. The tie would Have to be Rain – I love going for walks in the rain, and the Smell ! it’s very therapeutic and almost a form of catharsis for me to go out walking in it.
What is one of your biggest fears or phobias?
With as much as I love swimming and water in general, it’s kind of funny that my biggest fear is drowning and open water. To this day while swimming in a lake, or deep water, I still get a slightly uneasy tingle up my spine. When I was a kid I suffered from the idea, that even in an indoor pool during lessons, the Shark from JAWS was down there waiting specifically for me, to come and drag me under, one of the perks of having an active imagination I suppose. lol.
What is your drink of choice?
Being a recovered alcoholic I’ll likely answer this in a different way than most 😉 I LOVE coffee, which is weird when I say that….my love affair with this nectar of the gods didn’t start until I quit drinking, but now A good cup of coffee makes the day so much better. That said – if you have never tried a Traditionally made chai tea, you’re missing out, absolutely delicious and an amazing texture!
What is your favorite contemporary novel?
There are so many to Choose from! I read incessantly….I have 5 to 6 books on the go at once, so perhaps I’ll list my top 5 because I can’t Choose…
1. Miss Peregrene’s Home for Peculiar Children – Ransom Riggs
2. Fight Club – Chuck Palinhuik
3. Memnoch the Devil – Anne Rice
4. The Stand – Stephen King
5. The Wheel of Time Series – Robert Jordan (Finished by Brandon Sanders after his death)
What is your guilty pleasure?
Without a doubt Reese’s peanut butter cups. I could eat a hundred of these in one sitting and not bat an eye, it’s made worse by the fact that they’ve started doing Oh henry! reeses bars, and the assorted other baked goodies that use it….because of this Samhain is a disaster for my healthy eating goals. It’s probably for the best that I can’t bake worth a damn.
Did you or do you play any sports?
I’ve never been a “traditional athlete, in my younger years I was heavily into the martial arts, I spent 12 years of my life learning a bit of everything and was at one point training to perhaps take a shot at the UFC when it was in it’s infancy, but a sever knee injury squashed that. Now I am involved in powerlifting, which is a sport, but I do it more for recreation, it’s hit or miss for me however because power lifters are frowned upon as dumb meatheads locally, and as such we have few gyms that are “friendly Territory”.
What is something interesting about your personality?
I Joke about EVERYTHING, there are very few taboo subjects for me, and I tend to satirize anything in my path…because of that I have to be very very careful to filter what I say. I’ll be the first one to make an ethnic joke, even at my own expense, or make an off handed comment about serious events. As my little fae can tell you “I’m going to hell” comments are commonplace with me.
Do you play any instruments? If not, what are the first 5 bands/artists on your favorite playlist?
I have zero musical talent, so bands it is:
Death Cab For Cutie
Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies
Do you have a playroom or any special equipment?
My little fae is currently looking at homes, and we hope to build a dungeon in it, so playroom is forthcoming! As for Special equipment, we have a few “special” (read rare or obscure) toys. A TENS unit, An enema unit that can be permanently attached to a shower with a switch from said unit to showerhead, and an under the bed nylon restraint system . We have toyed with the idea of purchasing a fuck saw (it’s a real thing, I swear), and a medical examination table, Sky is pretty much the limit for us.
What are 5 things that still remain on your sexual bucket list?
Tough one to answer, but I’ll go with the use of Hypnosis for sexual pleasure, The hands Free male “super-O”, Sex covertly in public, Cumming on command training, Using remote control devices in public. Some tame, some obscure, but they’re some things I hope to either explore, do or scratch off my list to make room for more as I think more about it.
11 Random Facts About Me (questions for my nominees follow each fact)
1. I’m a huge movie buff, I love everything from Action/Adventure to Drama, but my ALL TIME favorite movie is slightly obscure, it’s called What Dreams May Come, starring Robin Williams. Definitely his finest serious Role to date. Whats your favorite movie that people may not have heard of and why ?
2. I’m very passionate about LBGTQ rights and Animal Shelters/humane societies. What, if any are some Causes you’re passionate about ?
3. My day always feels “off” without Coffee, a shower and Seeing Dot. What are some things you MUST do to start your day, or it throws your whole day off ?
4. I love to cook (even though I’m not great at it) but I hate doing dishes. Whats something you love doing despite the consequences ?
5. I’m pretty good at impressions, and back at the call center I met My little fae at, I once took a Customer service call for the duration as Milton from Office Space. Whats a “useless” talent you have that you use as often as possible ?
6. A perfect date for me is spent at home, A bbq, movie and maybe a Bonfire curled up together. Whats your Idea of a perfect date ?
7. I’ve had a cat named Daisy for the past 12 years, she’s one of my best friends, and has seen me through Good times and bad….but Used to be a dog person. Do you have any pets? if not, do you want pets ? what kind?
8. When I started getting into Kink, I wasn’t sure I could Flog anyone let alone enjoy it, it’s now one of my favorite parts of BDSM. Whats a (bdsm) activity you didn’t think you’d enjoy but absolutely love now ?
9. I love corsets on a woman. Leather, PVC and Gothic Dress for fetish-wear for men and women. Do you have a favorite piece of fetish wear? if you don’t own any, are you planning on buying some, what is it ?
10. We don’t currently have a “kinky travel bag” but I’m thinking about putting one together. Do you have toy’s you take with you on trips ?
11. I started blogging years ago, as a way to make it easier to tell people how I was feeling, and since I can be shy BDSM blogging has helped me communicate my wants and desires. How and why did you start blogging? are the reasons you started, the reasons you’ve continued ?
In keeping with the spirit of the award, here are my nominations:
I will add blogs in here as I find some I’d like to pass on, that haven’t been covered. I’m still pretty new to the Blogsphere. 🙂
Here are the rules:
Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
Display the award on your blog–by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
Answer 11 questions about yourself which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 5 – 11 blogs you feel deserve this award, who have less than 1000 followers.
Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
List these rules on your post. Once you have written published it, you then have to:
Inform people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so they can learn about it (they might not have heard of it!)